Monday, January 1, 2018

A Day in the Life

First off, Happy New Year.  New year, new computer.  It is taking some adjusting.  My other one was 9 years old.  
Anyway, our county ag. agent sent out a request for the county farmers to take pictures of their day on Jan. 1.  He hopes to compile them into a book and sell it as a fund raiser for the Livestock Judging Team.  So here goes.
 J started off not wanting me to take his picture. 
 I went to check at the barn for anything photogenic.  Apparently, I scared the calves. 
 With temperatures in single digits at night and no higher than 20 during the day, we have had a lot of frozen water around here.
 Kit Kat doesn't seemed too bothered.  I caught him playing with a mouse at the new barn yesterday.  I hope he finally finished it off but I didn't stay around to watch. 
 Just a goat picture, just because we have goats.
 J did his usual feeding. 
 M and V came to visit so we put them to work moving some cattle.
J had a couple of cows up that he wanted me to preg check before he sold them Thursday.  M was very good help getting them up for me. 
 M went to the barn with J to feed the beef.
 She is a heifer that didn't bred so J thought we would just feed her here.
More frozen water, every morning and evening. 
Then back to the house after feeding the dogs. 
 What good puppies.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Looks like a good day

Shirley said...

Happy New Year to you too.
Your water tub is made from a tire? What kind of base did you use?

C said...

Nice "day in the life" pictures!

BobieRabo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...