Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Back To Work

Speaking of Draper, yesterday the weather finally broke and the temperature made it up into the 50's.  A vast improvement over the zero degrees from a couple of days ago.  That made it tolerable for me to do something with the horses other than carry water and pat them. 
 I decided to catch Draper and see what she remembered.  It's been almost a month since I worked with her last.
 And it seems like she remembers everything.  She did great at free lounging.
 She really listens and watches body language.  It is so nice to have a horse that you don't have to retrain every time you work with them. 
 Next up was the saddle, still no issue.
 I wasn't planning on doing anything new but she was doing so well I thought I would try the western saddle on for size.  She took to it too without any drama. 
I even put my foot up in the stirrup and jumped up and down putting some weight on it. (kind of hard to get a picture doing this by myself) I did this on both sides and she just stood there like a champ.  I guess I will need to set my round pen back up so we can start riding soon. 

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Looks like she is a good minded filly :0)

C said...

What a massive contrast to your mustang.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...