Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Draper's First Ride

It wasn't much because she is still sort of small and there is no need to pressure or hurry her along.  But she is just so calm and accepting of everything.  So, I decided to just hop on her bareback and walk around a little to get her use to the idea.  Sorry for the focus problem, I was filming myself and didn't notice until I played it back, ack!
Then, because the weather was nice, little wind and in the 40's, and Otoelene had new shoes, I decided to ride her around the farm. 
 Where the ground has been frozen then thawed on top, the footing was pretty slippery, but we just walked for the most part.
 Otoelene always seems to enjoy visiting the cows,  especially if I let her move them around some.
 We were casting long shadows so it was time to head back. 
Good thing I went yesterday, because this is how it looks this morning.

3 comments:

Shirley said...

That's a perfect first ride :)
What is her breeding? I see you have a couple of Otoe bred horses, Rosalee has Otoe's Gent on her papers and from what I have heard about them they are good minded horses.

C said...

Draper continues to be a dream. I kept hoping through the whole video that it would snap into focus. I liked the long shadows shot from the Otoelene ride.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...