Sunday, February 25, 2018

New Blue Bird Box

Several years ago, I helped V and E make a couple of blue bird boxes.  One has since disintegrated, but the other is still hanging on.  
 There has been a lot of recent activity around it so I thought I would make another one.  I didn't have the same plans, but I did have an official looking blue bird nesting box diagram.  I adjusted the measurements slightly to fit the wood I had.  I didn't think the birds would mind the difference.  I mean they nest in fence posts and hollow trees, so they can't be too picky about an inch here or there can they?
 Since it is just pine from an old barn, I covered the roof with flashing hoping it will help it last longer.
 The bird are already checking it out. 
 I love watching the blue birds from the kitchen window. 
Maybe I will make a couple more to have all across the back yard.  They seem to like this new one.  Now if the starlings and tree swallows will just stay away. 

2 comments:

C said...

Wonderful. Love the shots of the blue birds. How exciting that they are checking out the new digs!

Shirley said...

I await the birds of spring.... but they wouldn't like the snow we got yesterday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...