Friday, October 11, 2019

More Wire Woes

We still have a considerable amount of wire to get rid of. 
 We waited until the scrap metal bin was empty at the green box, and hauled another load down there only to be told they wouldn't take anymore.  The owner of the recycling contract said it took up too much room in the container and he didn't get paid enough.  So now what?  We have 400 pounds of wire on the truck and nowhere to take it.  J wanted to dump it in a hole, but I wouldn't let him.   I checked around and found a recycling center 30 minutes away. 
The claw, The claw

So up the road I went.  Apparently, scrap metal is selling for 3 cents a pound.  The claw came down and unloaded the wire and I left with $12.  Since then, I have taken 2 more loads.  At least it will pay for the gas.  The alternative that the county administrator recommended was hauling it to the transfer station, a mile down the road from the recycling center that I went to,  and pay $28 a load to get rid of it.  I think I chose the better option.

1 comment:

C said...

Tough options. I think you made the right choice.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...