Monday, March 2, 2020

Equine Challenge Day 8


I was nominated for the ten-day equestrian challenge. This is 8/10
Everyday I select an image from a day in the life of horses that have had an impact on me and post it without a single explanation and nominate one other person to take the challenge.
That’s ten days,
10 equestrian photos
and 0 explanations.
My grandparents are the main reason we were able to have horses.  They had a farm 6 miles from the town I grew up in and for some reason allowed us to have pretty much as many horses as we wanted.   I would ride the bus there after school, go riding, then someone would come pick me up to go back home.  On her 80th birthday, my grandmother said she had been wanting to go riding.  She rode the work horses as a child, but never one of our horses.  So, on her birthday, I caught Hot Toddy and saddled him up.  Grandma climbed into the back of the pickup truck and we lead Todd over to her.  He stood like a champ while she got on.  Grandma rode around the driveway a little bit and posed for some pictures.  She said someday she wanted to go on a real ride around the farm, but that never happened.  If you want to do something, go do it.

2 comments:

C said...

I'm so glad she got to ride (even if it wasn't a ride all around their farm).

Shirley said...

Awww that's great! Yes, never put off to tomorrow because it may not come.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...