Friday, July 24, 2020

More Work, Some Fun With Walker

Walker agreed to come over again and help out with the goats.  We thought we would try to get ahead of the worms this year by deworming the kids before we started finding weak or dead ones.  It has only been the last couple of years that this has even been a problem.  I have been checking for anemia every few days by randomly catching some and doing the FAMACHA score.  I found a pale one earlier this week so we made plans to deworm. 
 We got an early start to try to beat the heat.
 But I think Walker was a little worn out but the end of the morning.
 There were a lot of goats to catch.  We just let the nannies out but caught each kid.  Walker and J did the catching and I did the deworming.  I did take the opportunity to work on a few of the nannies that had bad feet though.
 After counting them leaving the barn, we decided we had missed a few.  Sure enough, we found 6 more out under the far red barn.  I guess those will be our control group. 
 Walker decided this one was his buddy.
 And of course we saved some time for a nice ride.  Walker caught Hank and lead him down the hill himself this time.  Otoelene is still in the barnlot on her diet so I didn't need to make that hike. 
And we rode is a few more places Walker hadn't been to yet.  I think he liked the shade it the woods.  A very nice day with a very nice boy.

2 comments:

C said...

Walker looked very cute with his buddy goat. Walker looks like he is a big help.

Shirley said...

Oh my that's a lot of goats!
Nothing like a ride through the woods no matter what the weather.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...