Sunday, July 5, 2020

Otoelene's New Home

Did that get your attention?  No, she didn't go anywhere except to the barn. 
 I have come to the realization that just exercise is not cutting it for her weight loss.  I am having to add diet. 
 With the exceptional grass growing season we have had, there is just too much pasture for a food obsessed horse like Otoelene.  Even with the fact that the horse field is the poorest land we have and the goats have been hanging out there for over a month and J had rotated cattle through it and now has 15 cows with the horses, there is still too much.  So I sectioned off a part of the barn for a run in shed,
and am using the electric tape to make a grazing lot for her.  We will see how strip grazing works for a diet. 

2 comments:

Shirley said...

I have issues here with pasture too- only my issue is weeds. So many different types and I know some of them are not good for horses. It is so much safer to feed hay. I probably could use a goat herd to come in and clean up my pasture!

C said...

I hope it works out for Otoelene. She will certainly be easy to catch to go riding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...