Monday, February 1, 2021

Moving On Up

I braved the cold, snow and mud today to try to add some more birds to my list.
But first off, E pointed out these Meadowlarks from the kitchen window, so that was easy.  
Song sparrow was already on my list, but I am including the picture I took today to compare to the next one, 
a Field Sparrow.  Notice the pink beak and white circle around its eye. 
This was a very photogenic pair of Dark-eyed Juncos. 

They stayed in place a long time for me to get their picture.  
And a Mocking Bird.  

27 Species so far.  That should put me around 113 in the county.  Only 3 more species to make the top 100.  
 

1 comment:

C said...

Wonderful pictures. Meadowlark - I don't think I have seen one before - well at least I didn't know it if I had. Makes me think of the Harlem Globetrotters ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...