Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Bumble's Haircut

Bumble has terrible hair to work with.  It is course and mats instantly.  I normally just try to cut out the mats in the Spring and comb out what I can.  But this year for some reason (maybe I missed last year?) her entire body was matted. 
I tried my usual, scissors to spilt the mats, cutting them off, combing them out.  It was too much, too tedious, she is too big.  So I put her in the barn and got out my clippers.  I wasn't sure how she would handle the noise, but she was fine. 
I ended up with 3 bags of hair.  I had to block off a smaller space because she kept trying to walk away.  But she was a much better patient for it than I had hoped. 
J thinks she looks like a poodle now.  It's a pretty spotty job but I got the mats out and was able to comb what was left.  I think she will be more comfortable for the summer. 
 

2 comments:

Shirley said...

That's a lot of hair! Good thing Bumble didn't grumble too much :0)

C said...

Good one Shirley.

Bumble seems to be a very patient dog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...