Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Tick Invasion

J came in for lunch today after checking the cattle and taking salt to the ones across the creek.  After he ate, sat at the computer then went to the recliner to check Facebook, he saw that he was covered with ticks. 
Can you see that spot next to the dime?
It is a nymph stage of the deer tick.  His pants were covered with them.  
He went outside to take off his clothes which I carried directly to the washing machine.  I got out the vacuum and started the hunt.  There is no telling how many are in here.  I'm sure we will feel like our skin is crawling for days.  And if we didn't have enough to worry about, deer ticks carry Lyme disease which is now endemic in our area. 

I don't know how many times when I tell clients their dog has tested positive for Lyme disease they say, "but I have never found a tick on him."  Really?  You think you would find that through all the dog's fur.  My response is always, "well, people get Lyme disease and we don't have nearly as much hair as your dog."


 

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Ugh nasty little vermin! I hope you got them all! And that none of you or your critters get bit.

C said...

Yikes! Yikes! Yikes! Yikes! Yikes! Yikes! Yikes! Yikes! Yikes! Yikes! Yikes! Yikes! Yikes! Yikes! Yikes! Yikes! Yikes! Yikes! Yikes! Yikes! Yikes! Yikes! Yikes! Yikes! Yikes! Yikes! Yikes! Yikes! Yikes! Yikes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...