Friday, September 15, 2023

Hugo Monday

I have been a little off on blogging lately. I had to work an extra day last week and this week.  I have also had a bad cold and now a very painful ear infection.  But Monday I did manage a ride on Hugo. 
He doesn’t really need lunging but it is his idea.  He runs into the barn and just starts trotting circles.  Sometimes I am able to get him to stop quickly and get him caught.  But other times it can take up to 20 minutes before he will let me catch him.  He is an odd horse.  

 He is getting much better at stopping, backing, side passing, and moving off my leg.  He is still not much for cantering.  He usually starts pacing.  We are pretty sure he is part walking horse.  But his trot is pretty nice.   Now that I am on an antibiotic and ear drops maybe I will start feeling better and get back to blogging. 

2 comments:

C said...

I hope you feel better.

A self lunging horse - most unusual.

Shirley said...

It must have been a part of his previous routine for him to expect it. Interesting.
Ear infection? I get vertigo when that happens.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...