Monday, February 26, 2024

Hugo's Turn

 It was Hugo's turn to go out on a nice afternoon.  Thankfully, there were no sudden changes in the weather Sunday.  He was very easy to catch this time.  That is a big change.  

But there is also a  change in Hugo's winter coat.  A lot of it is starting to end up on the ground.  Shedding season has begun!
After a warm up in the barn we rode around the farm for about an hour.  No silly business today.  He was fine about getting on and off but I am still giving him plenty of warning about what I am about to do.  
He did get a little high headed when I wanted to stop to look at this down tree.  It was pretty big to have been growing on such a steep and rocky slope.  Maybe Mike can cut me a slice from the trunk for a table.  That would be cool.


2 comments:

C said...

Nice outing for Hugo.


I wonder what kind of tree it was.

Shirley said...

Yay for a good ride! What kind of tree is that? I bet it would make a nice table.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...