Friday, April 26, 2024

Three Random Things and A Bonus

 Durning Joe’s endless checking, he found a cow with a large swelling.
I have circled it so you don’t have to guess where the swelling is.  It is hard to tell by looking what it will be so into the chute for an exam.
 
It felt fluidy, not hard so I tapped it with a needle.  It ended up being a seroma.  A seroma is more common  at a surgical incision but sometimes trama can cause one.  Hopefully, it will resolve on its own and not turn into an abscess. 

Next up, my on going battle with a starling.  It has been trying to build a nest at the top of the barn door for several years.  Every Spring about twice a week I have to pull the nest out.  It takes a long time before it every gives up.
Number three is me stalking the Lowe’s clearance plant rack.   I have never heard of Lithodora, but the blue blooms were stunning.  It is low growing and evergreen.  I thought it would make a nice addition to my rock garden. 
I also bought two corral bell plants.  I have a lot of corral bells from my grandmother but this is a different variety that has purple leaves.  I think the foliage will look nice even when it is not blooming.  Lastly, 
A bonus Kit Kat photo.  He planted himself in the mulch.

2 comments:

Shirley said...

The blue flowers are beautiful! It should look wonderful in your rock garden and hopefully will spread a bit.
Hope the cow issue resolves without difficulty.
Maybe if you had a bird house for the starling it would move? We have a pair that nests in a mini grain elevator bird house. Apparently they like to build upwards and that is what it looks like in your photo. So a tall narrow birdhouse would suit them.

C said...

To Shirley - I have never heard of a mini grain elevator bird house - sounds cute

Thanks for the marked photos - I would have had trouble figuring it out. I was thinking this was going to turn into a pimple popper episode. Like Shirley I hope it all works out for the cow.

Well done on the flowers.
Hello Kit Kat :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...