Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Wildlife

There is always plenty of wildlife to see back here in the sticks. 
 The other day when I was riding Otoelene, I saw this beautiful fox running through the bull lot.
Then, in the barn there was a little bird up in the rafters just having a fit.  I finally saw what was bothering him, an owl.   I would rather have an owl roosting in the barn.  One big bird is preferable to lots of little ones.  I'm guessing it is an Eastern Screech Owl.  Maybe E can ID it for me since she took ornithology last semester.

1 comment:

C said...

Wow - I'm surprised you were able to get a picture of that fox on the run. I would tend to agree that having the owl and it's mess is better than a bunch of smaller birds and their mess.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...