Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Rock Recycling

I hate for things to go to waste.  Even a rock.  I paid good money for these rocks 10 years ago.  They looked beautiful when we put them in.  But 10 years has taken its toll. 
 This is the area under the pergola.  I had put down landscape fabric before layering pea gravel on top then stepping stones. 
 As you can see, the fabric is showing now,
 and it has been a nightmare to try to control weeds.  The roots attach to the fabric and won't let loose.  Then other weeds just come up through the numerous holes.  I thought about using mulch instead of the gravel now.  J recommended just spreading the mulch on top of what is there.  But then my rocks would be wasted. 
 So I have to add more work, sift the rocks out,
 wash them,
 then I am using them to mulch my horse tails.  I am about 1/2 way done, but I am liking the affect.  I might have to bleach a bucket full to dress up the top layer and make it look fresh. 
Loving the horse tails. 

1 comment:

C said...

10 years ago?!? Time is flying. It would be a shame for the rocks to just be covered by mulch but wow - that is a lot of work. I think the pea stones with the horsetails look very nice.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...