Monday, June 11, 2018

This Week - In The Garden

The garden is coming along nicely.  
We already have some banana peppers forming.  
 But no broccoli head yet.
 The beans look good, but the second row hasn't started to come up yet. 
 J got all of the tomatoes staked.
 And looks like there may be a lot of blackberries if the Japanese beetles don't get them first.
 And the cucumbers have started to climb!
 I prop them up where I want them to go every day. 
And there is a surprise addition to the garden.  Can you guess what it is?
Okra.  J's dad keeps talking about growing it so J decided to give it a try.  I asked if he liked eating it.  His answer, "If it is fried and I have enough cornbread to choke it down with."  Looks like we might have so okra to share. 

4 comments:

Alica said...

Your garden looks happy and healthy! I'm surprised by how small a pepper plant can be, and produce peppers! Mine are about the same size as yours, and I have peppers already, about that size! We just had another 1 1/2 " of rain over night, so my weeds are also growing well!

C said...

Your garden looks great. J's comment on okra made me laugh.

C said...

I bet few gardens have such a magnificent view! The picture with the cuke frame is really stunning.

The JR said...

roasted okra is delicious. even my picky husband will eat it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...