Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Another Sad Day, An Amazing Dog

We lost an amazing dog today.  I had to make the difficult decision to euthanize Bea on the operating table.  She was 10 years old and had been losing weight for a couple of months but the last couple of weeks it became obvious that she was eating very little.  We put her up in the dog pen so we could see exactly what she was doing.  She would drink, start to eat then just stop.  Once again her blood work was all normal.  I took her to the clinic for radiographs and ultrasound.  I look like she had a blockage of some sort and surgery was the only option.  She ended up having a mass, most likely cancer, at her cecum.  This is where the small intestines joins the colon.  Nothing but liquid was able to go through.  And there is really no good way to remove that section.  I chose to not let her wake up.
Type "Bea" into the google search box on the right to read the different posts about her.  I really can't describe what a sweet, humble, kind soul she was.

4 comments:

Alica said...

I'm sorry. It's so sad to lose a pet. I bet that was so hard to be the vet for your own animal!

Mrs Shoes said...

I'm so sorry to hear that; losing a good dog is never easy. RIP Bea.

C said...

I am so very sorry to hear about Bea. She was an amazing dog. She and Bumble were such wonderful caretakers of your goat herd. I did the key word search on Bea and read all the posts. There were a lot of posts. There were so many stories about Bea staying with stray or injured goats. The post where Bea recovered from Lyme desease and was welcomed back by Bumble, Jett, and Jewell was very touching. "Amazing" was a stand out descriptive word about Bea in so many of the posts. The pictures of Bumble and Bea as puppies were so cute. But I would also say that Bea was also cute and sweet as a grown dog.

So many of the posts mentioning Bea also talked about Emma. I was reminded about Emma's interactions with Bumble and Bea. I was saddened again by the post about Emma's passing. The line from J about only getting one good dog - what an emotional line.

And your final line about Bea in today's post was also very emotional and very touching.

Shirley said...

Awwww so sorry, it is never an easy thing to do to such a loved dog. Hugs....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...