Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Heavy Pruning

Well, I braved the February weather to do some pruning in the yard.  Trees and shrubs sure can do a lot of growing in 20 years.  I did what I could with my hand saw and pruners.  
 That amounted to 2 truck loads off the fruit trees, grapevine, blackberry bushes, butterfly bushes, and red twig dogwoods.
 Now I make myself detour around the Lowes garden center.  There just isn't any more room in the yard.
 Even though J got me a chainsaw for Christmas a couple of years ago, I waited until he was able to do the big cutting.   There was a branch on the river birch hanging over the roof that needed to go. 
And I decided it was time to limb up the oak tree.  It was getting pretty challenging to mow under.  Looks like I have another couple of truck loads to haul off.

1 comment:

C said...

Nice job on the pruning. That is quite a haul.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...