Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Beautiful Day

I had an early birthday present yesterday with the beautiful weather.  It was so nice that I even had a chance to ride, not one but two horses. 
 I started out with Otoelene, riding around the farm and enjoying the sunshine for a change. 
 We did notice some of the goats on the wrong side of the fence.  It doesn't make much difference here though because they will not cross the creek and they come back when they are full.  Plus they keep the creek bank cleared off nicely.
 We also got  to ride through the cows.  Otoelene always likes to lay her ears back on at least one cow during our rides.
Then it was Draper's turn.  She was a mess.  There was lots of currying and brushing before she was ready for the saddle.  No riding pictures but she was wonderful.  Didn't act at all like a 2 year old that has had 3 months off.  I just stayed in the barn but had a very successful ride.  I am really looking forward to getting her outside when the ground dries out.  She won't be 3 until May and she is already 14.3 hands tall.  I really hope she doesn't get as big a Brother.  15 hands is plenty tall for me.

2 comments:

Alica said...

The creek looks like a beautiful place to be...I think if I were a goat I'd go over/under/through the fence too! :)

C said...

Sounds like you had a great pre-birthday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...