Friday, June 7, 2019

Broccoli Cage and In Bloom

The broccoli cage is working, I think.  It may be too early to tell.  My usual problem is more after I cut it for the first time, so "we'll see."
 There is still something eating on the leaves, making little holes.  I've inspected but can't find what it is.  But is is growing well, broccoli on the right, cauliflower on the left.
 The most amazing thing blooming are these Mother's Day lillies I got a few years ago.  You know the kind, in a nice pot about 12 inches tall.
And it has one maybe two stems.
 I divided them a couple of years ago because they had gotten so thick.
 Now I have 2 beautiful bunches about 4 feet tall.  I think I might divide them again if I remember this fall.
The peonies are all gone and dead headed, but the coral bells are nice and the cone flowers should be showing off soon.
I splurged this year on a larger mandevilla vine.  Last year's was more bush like and never ran up the trellis.  This one is really taking off.
I did get one like last year also, but put it in a different spot, more suitable for a bush instead of vine.  The forecast is for 4-6 inches of rain over the next few days, so it might be awhile before I can enjoy more blooms.

1 comment:

C said...

What a beautiful yard. The mother's day lilies really are spectacular. I look forward to seeing how your new mandevilla vine and bush turn out.

Fingers crossed that your netting will work out for the broccoli and cauliflower.

Thanks for the kk bonus!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...