Monday, June 3, 2019

Sunday Ride

After a busy couple of weeks, I thought it was time for a nice trail ride.  V and Mike came Saturday to work cattle then V rode Hank around the farm with me, sorry V no pictures of that but I really enjoyed the ride. 
 Then Sunday I took off with J for a nice 4 hour ride through the mountains.  The weather was beautiful, lowish humidity and temperatures in the mid 70's with a light breeze.  And the thunderstorm held off until we were home and done with evening chores.
 Jessica was a workhorse, leading the way with her purposeful walk.  Although I did have to run her around in the barn for 30 minutes before we left to get all the extra shenanigans out of her.
 Otoelene, on the other hand, was trying to eat everything in sight.  She picked up this branch off the ground, then tried to spook at it when I pulled it out of her mouth.  So I rode with it for 10 minutes to desensitize her.
 When she is in the back, Otoelene has no worries, and always has an ear back toward me.
 But in the front, she is much more on the alert. 
 I love out this blurry picture turned out looking like a watercolor.  Maybe I could print it out to see if it would make a good card. 
 And I did better at my "togetherie" , J is at least in the picture.
 And then finally something to be on the alert for, that brown spot is a deer.  Just a startle, no spook.  A very nice Sunday ride.
Then on the way out, we were held up a bit on a mostly one lane road, blocked by the rescue squad, police car, fire truck and tow bed truck.  Once we finally got though all of that, the ambulance came.  Looks like he was flying and flipped the car.  He as sitting on the porch, looked to be ok.  The trailer ride ended up being more eventful than the trail ride. 

2 comments:

C said...

Except for the ending, it all seems to be very pleasant. You did a nice composition of the blurry shot with J off center. I like your togetherie

C said...

It just occurred to me that your "togetherie" photos are sort of inverted "photo bombs" Instead of someone sneaking into your photo, you are sneaking people into your photos. Clever.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...