Sunday, June 2, 2019

Trip Picture Sunday #1

Kit Kat is graciously stepping aside for a few Sundays so I can share some of the pictures for my trip to Oregon with E. 
 On our 3rd day we stopped at the North Dakota Heritage Center and State Museum in Bismarck.
 Anyone know what these things are?  I didn't see the description and I can't find it on the website, but they are really cool.
 There was an exhibit of the Horse In North Dakota, right up my alley.
 The Indian beadwork was stunning.
 I really liked this modern carving.

 I thought this was a great way to display a bridle, complete with plexiglass horse head.
 Then who doesn't love to look and dinosaurs!  Triceratops has always been one of my favorites.
 It's so hard to imagine these things running around.

 I liked the rocks at the entrance so much I had E take my picture there too.
Then a little way down the road we passed the world's largest Holstein.  We didn't stop at this attraction but after Googling it, maybe we should have.  You just never know what you might see driving through North Dakota.

1 comment:

C said...

So much to comment on. First general comment: who knew ND was so interesting.

Boulder Q:

my guess was going to be fossilized dinosaur eggs

but googling around I found this link
https://statemuseum.nd.gov/about/facility/pembina-river-plaza

So I think this is it (but I'm not sure - it doesn't look like they are in a circle):
"A circle of 17 cannonball concretions showcases a unique geological feature. These large 56 million-year-old sandstone spheres formed in layers around an organic center, much like a pearl is formed around a grain of sand, and are the namesake for the Cannonball River."

"Triceratops has always been one of my favorites." me too

" It's so hard to imagine these things running around." exactly - so frightening


Nice post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...