Wednesday, August 7, 2019

In Bloom At The 4Rs

The yard has been beautiful this year.  It has been a real pleasure going out and pulling weeds and dead heading flowers when everything around is so vibrant. 
 This is the best my black-eyed-susans have ever looked. 
 Japanese beetles have usually eaten all of the petals off by now.
 This zinnia came up between the yard and the walk.  J weedeated around it.  I think the petals are very unusual. 
 This is where the zinnias are supposed to be. 
 I can't remember the last time I planted marigolds.  I usually don't like them, but I saw the yellow ones and though, why not?  I have been enjoying their sunny blooms at the edge of the garden. 
Lots of blooms on the hydrangea. 
 And I am still loving my pink mandevilla vine.
 Even the bush type mandevilla is growing on me. 
 I know I have shown the wheelbarrow before, but it is just so pink, I couldn't help showing it off again.
 I also found a dahlia to plant this year.  I use to have several, but one year I didn't dig them up for the winter and they never came back.  But I couldn't pass up this pretty purple one. (I know it looks more pink in the picture but it looks closer to purple in real life)
 The cone flowers are about done.
 But I dead headed the phlox and it is taking a second run at blooming.
 Really hard to make a butterfly bush look good in a picture.  But this one is just full of blooms. 
 I have one late blooming daylily still at it. 
And not really a bloom, but I picked 27 cucumbers yesterday.  Took them to share at work today.  I just can't eat that many.

2 comments:

C said...

Stunning, just stunning. Grandma would be proud.

27 cukes - that's alot.

Shirley said...

That mandevilla is lovely (both versions). I may have to try that here, I did see it in one of the local greenhouses.
Did you know marigolds and geraniums work well for keeping bugs away especially mosquitoes?
We live just across the river from the airport and there is a lot of helicopter activity. They hover over the cherry trees in the orchards above us to dry the rain off the fruit to keep it from splitting. We live in a narrow valley cut by a river channel so the copters fly quite low above us. The horses don't seem to care.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...