Saturday, January 7, 2023

Couponing #80

Paper coupons are drying up.  So everything I do now has to be digital.  That gets a little difficult when Dollar General's new cash register system won't cooperate.  I went this morning to a newer store in town that has the new system.  Less than half of the digital coupons attached.  That left the balance at $18.  I told her to void it, and I put everything back.  There is an older store a couple of miles away on the other side of town, so I went there to try my luck.  Unfortunately, they didn't have the Gain scented Mr.  Clean that I needed for the scenario.   I asked the manager if it was somewhere else and he said no, he didn't have that.  Plus, he said the digital coupons haven't been working there for several weeks.  He just adjusts everything manually.  So I asked since he is doing that, could I substitute a different Mr. Clean.  He said sure.  He would make it work. 
This was suppose to work out to around $2, plus I got a loaf of bread, so $4 total.  
And he was true to his word, he made it work.  
I finished up my shopping with a trip with a stop at the store near me.  They didn't have the Mr. Clean Gain scent either, so I made some substitutions.
Not too bad, at least the digitals all works (they still have the old system) and it was only about $1 more than if they had the Mr. Clean.  I told the manager there that if they get the new system I might have to figure out couponing at Walgreen's.

 

2 comments:

C said...

First the title - 80 Deals - that is amazing (opps I think amazing is one of the words that is out this year because it is overused - but how else will I express my reaction to these deals?)

I identify with your first scenario problem :(

You have found some patient and helpful people working at your local Dollar Generals.

Does Walgreens have as generous deals as Dollar General??

C said...

https://www.lssu.edu/traditions/banishedwords/

I'm not going to take heed of this list :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...