Friday, January 6, 2023

Vaginal Prolapse

First, here is a picture of Sadie opening her birthday present from C.  Now if you want to skip the rest this is your warning. 

Joe had a cow he was going to cull next week.  But this week she decided to have a vaginal prolapse. 
He called me at work Thursday to tell me about it so I could get my mind right about coming home and fixing it after work.  But thankfully, it had gone back in on its own.  But it was out again this morning, so time to get to work on it. 
It was a bit of a mess. 
I stated with an epidural.  That way she wouldn't feel anything I did back there. 
Then there was some cleaning to do. 
It went back in fairly easily.  Then to keep her from pushing it back out, I put in a purse string suture using a Buhner needle.   Remember, she had the epidural so she didn't feel any of this.  
Then I tightened it down to 4 fingers and tied a knot in the umbilical tape.  
Good as new.  But she is still being culled next week.  
 

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Happy birthday Sadie!
Do cows carry full term after a prolapse is fixed?

C said...

What a title to see with Sadie's Birthday (happy birthday Sadie! :)

You seem to handle these emergency situations with such aplomb - it is very impressive.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...