Friday, February 24, 2023

Trying To Change

Sometimes it is hard to go out there and ride a horse that I don’t have a lot confidence in.  The boot camp trainer said something to me that has helped some.  When he recommended that I sell Draper he said she wasn’t going to change and neither was I.  Well, I never like being told that I can’t do something, it just makes me want to do it all the more.  So I am trying to change, trying to not live with fear from past experiences, trying to be brave like when I was younger.  

 So far so good.  Draper did good in the barn, walk, trot, canter, leg yield, side pass...  Her stopping still needs lots of work.  She slipped at the canter once and wanted to get sassy and I just pushed her on forward.  She continued on without a problem.

And she did find for a little ride around outside.  I sometimes dread starting but I am usually glad that I sucked it up and did it.  Maybe it is not to late to change.

2 comments:

Shirley said...

I am totally with you there. Sometimes getti8n on the horse is the hardest part, especially when you have had a bad experience. But once on, you have your natural abilities kick in.
I find it's helpful to read inspiring stuff from some of my Facebook pages. One lady that is good for that is Amy Skinner. If you are on FB, check her out.

C said...

Admirable.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...