Friday, March 22, 2024

Busy Day

I had lots of projects to work on today.  The weather has been dry but rain is in the forecast.  I thought it would be a good time to try to work up the garden.
But first, I had to clear it of the grapevines that I had pruned last month.  I didn't want to just throw them out with the other yard waste.  But they were too short to add to my round bale feeder grapevine art. 

 
So I just made a smaller grapevine wreath.  I actually made two, I just didn't get a picture of the other one yet. 

Once the garden was cleared off it was time to see if I could get the tiller to start. 
And I didn't have much trouble at all this year with it starting.  Looks like my fuel line repair from last year is still holding.  
Next came a load of dried manure from the barn.  I ended up using a garden fork to dig down deeper in rows, then I put the compost just in the rows where we will be planting.  I ran out of time and didn't finish the entire garden.  That will have to wait until later. 

We also got up 20 yearlings to work and haul to Joe's dad's house to turn out on pasture.  I asked Joe to take a picture of that but it somehow didn't happen.  Now the field that we took them off of might have a chance to recover some before we have to put the goats there in 2 weeks.  Kidding should start April 8th.
There was plenty to keep busy with today. 




3 comments:

Shirley said...

All that is the good kind of busy! My busy lately has been shoveling snow.

C said...

Yikes for Shirley.

Well done on your tiller fix from last year! Smart idea to localize the manure compost to the rows.

I look forward to seeing the baby goats :)

C said...

And nice job on the wreath

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...