Friday, March 8, 2024

Wildlife Brush Pile

 Emily has been suggesting that we make our farm more wildlife friendly.  With the goats eating all of the brush there isn’t a whole lot of cover.  I asked Emily to send me a link on constructing a wildlife brush pile.  The link she sent had a lot of reading so I just googled photos and went by that.  After looking at a few pictures this is what I ended up constructing. 

I think it turned out great.  Although it will probably only attract coyotes.  But I can always have a nice bonfire if I don’t like it later. 

The cows were looking at me like I was crazy.
They are probably just waiting until I leave so they can rub it down and poop on it.

2 comments:

Shirley said...

The squirrels and rodents will probably use it if the cows don't shred it first!

C said...

Wow - a video of the brush pile construction with music.

Your concluding line made me laugh.

(BTW - it does look like a bonfire in waiting).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...