Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Not A Tree This Time

Joe has been consistently having to repair fences.  But this time the fence was not damaged by a tree. 
It was smashed by a chimney. Bet you didn’t see that one coming.  

There is an old house on our farm up the road.  I thought the house would fall in not the chimney.  Oh well, now I have to think of a project that can use up a few bricks.  

And just kidding about not being a tree on the fence, because we had that today too. 
This one was in the hollow, another line fence, lots of multi flora rose bushes on the other side.  After fixing this this spot we walked the fence and found 4 more spots that needed to be fixed.  Joe had to go back to the house to get more supplies.  
While I was waiting I found some wildflowers blooming, a small bunch of phlox,
Spring Beauty, 
And a little different version of Spring Beauty, 

And one Blood Root popping up.  
At least the weather was nice and the ground dry.  
It’s probably just a matter of time before this one ends up on the fence.

2 comments:

C said...

Ugh poor Joe.

I'm interested to see what will happen with the bricks. Nice presentation on the spring flowers. I appreciate the IDs being included.

Shirley said...

The first thing I thought when I saw the pile of bricks was oh perfect for projects! Can't wait to see what you do with them. A brick planter? A walkway?
Lovely spring flowers- I bet our first ones will be dandelions.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...