Saturday, March 30, 2024

Thrifting Money Maker

I drove down to see Emily yesterday and go wedding dress shopping with her.  She said yes to a dress!  You will just have to wait until October to see that picture.  
While driving through town and seeing the sights we passed the town’s visitor center.  I exclaimed, “there was a penny smashing machine there!”  Emily didn’t know how I was able to spot it.  
We did not stop then, but went back after dinner out with Carol and Keiran at a local Tai restaurant.  I chose the white squirrel impression for my smashed penny.  This could be considered unmaking money.
Then today Emily and I hit the thrift stores to look for some frames for her artwork that she has been accumulating during her travels.  I managed to not buy anything but some light bulbs until I saw this wildflower book.  I already had a copy but I just couldn’t pass this one up. 
It was priced at $8.50.  But I knew to look for the payoff, 

The page of state flower stamps.  The value of the stamps is $14.50, so a definite money maker. 

2 comments:

Shirley said...

I'm sure Emily will make a beautiful bride!
You sure do have an eye for deals.
That penny stamp is a great idea!

C said...

The "unmaking money" comment made me laugh. Great deal on the book with stamps. Clearly they knew it had stamps but good your you that they still under priced it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...