Friday, July 5, 2019

Is It My Birthday?

No, but it sure felt like it.  Let me give a little back story first.  J never leaves a gate open, never.  Even if there is nothing in the field, or the adjoining field, or the adjoining farm, never.  
 So imagine my surprise when I was riding the other day.  J had been out bush- hogging the bottom after rotating the cows to the next field.  I was enjoying the pathway and not having to fight Otoelene trying to eat all the grass at mouth level.
 And Surprise! An open gate!  I had told V one time that for my birthday I would like for all the gates to be open while I was riding.  This felt like my birthday seeing the open gate.
 J had already finished mowing the bottom and the tractor was back at the barn.
 But the next gate was open too.   So for the last week, I have been taking advantage of riding in the bottom.  I have even been riding Draper down there.  So far so good with her.  She has been staying calm and not offering to spook at anything. 
 I did find a little problem to tell J about.  He is really tired of trees falling over fences. 
So now you know what I want for my birthday, gateless riding.

1 comment:

C said...

I thought the blog post was leading up to a problem with the open gate. I'm glad all was well. Happy day for you. J will now know what to get you for your birthday. Simple pleasures.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...