Saturday, July 27, 2019

Three Things

And the three things are.... 
Draper's seroma came back the next day.  I have given her 3 weeks off.  Now the seroma is just a hard knot of scar tissue.  I hope it continues to resolve and remodel back to a normal shape.  But because she wasn't ever favoring it and it was getting smaller, I decided to do a little light riding with her last night. 
I thought she did super.
 Then today, J suggested a trail ride.  Well, I'm all in on that.
 I was surprised to see this wild lily.  After this one I did see a couple more.
 There were some strange rock formations.
 We also tried a couple of new trails we had never been on.  It was an adventure not knowing where they would end up.  We didn't get lost, but we ended up riding for 5 hours.  It was a beautiful day with mild temperatures and low humidity.   Plus, the horses were very well behaved.
 Then I had this awesome purchase at the Surplus Store yesterday.  I had been looking for a wide brim hat but everything around here was just cheap and ill fitting.
I was in the Surplus Store and decided to check out the hats while I was there, and found this beauty.  The website (HERE) says it is handwoven palm and sells for $39.99.  I got it for $3.  The tag said $5 but I had only taken $3 in with me.  When the cashier asked if I was ready to check out I said I needed to go the the car and get more money unless she would take $3 for it.  Sure, no problem.  Loving my new purchase.

2 comments:

Shirley said...

What a nice horse.
We used to see tiger lilies when we were kids here in the Kootenays but I haven't seen them wild for a long time.

C said...

I hope all works out with Draper. It looks like you had another nice trail ride. Nice surprise lily.

I love that hat - what a great purchase!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...