Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Repurposed Salt Feeded

J tore out an old set of working pens at our farm up the road.  I went with him a few days ago to help burn the trash wood and clean up some.  
 There were two old salt feeders there.  I took the rubber tub from this one and a base from another one.
 Turned it upside down and found a place in the yard for it.
 Got some plants on clearance from Rural King, and voila, yard art planter with a mid century vibe.
 I also have this old wheelbarrow that I had previously repurposed into a planter but haven't used for a couple of years.   I finally found a wavy petunia and it is doing great.
 All the rain we  have had is making for some beautiful flowers.
 I just love going out in the yard and looking at everything.  The years of drought were always too depressing to work on the yard.
We haven't had any pears for a couple of years now, but this year looks like it might be a bumper crop.  We might have to make some supports to hold up the branches.

2 comments:

C said...

I love your repurposed mid century planter. Nicely done. What a beautiful yard.

Pears!!!!!

Shirley said...

Yard is looking good! I love daylilies, I have several varieties here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...