Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Equine Challenge Day 2

I was nominated for the ten-day equestrian challenge. This is 2/10
Everyday I select an image from a day in the life of horses that have had an impact on me and post it without a single explanation and nominate one other person to take the challenge.
That’s ten days,
10 equestrian photos
and 0 explanations.
When I was in 4-H our state had a yearly 4 day pack ride.  We would haul into base camp, spend the night then in the morning load up the pack horses and head out.  We would then set up camp with just the stuff we packed in, spend 2 nights then pack back out.  It was an amazing time.  We camped together in our different county units and had an unwritten challenge of trying to pack in
 the most luxury items and best food.  It sounds pretty simple now, but I brought in a radio one year and it was a big hit.  I think we always won on the food part, I remember everything tasting so good cooked over an open fire when we were tired and hungry.  Our base camp looks very basic compared to all the fancy trailers now, but we had some good times.

1 comment:

C said...

Cool unwritten challenge! I like that a radio was considered a luxury item ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...