Thursday, February 27, 2020

Equine Challenge Day 6

I was nominated for the ten-day equestrian challenge. This is 6/10
Everyday I select an image from a day in the life of horses that have had an impact on me and post it without a single explanation and nominate one other person to take the challenge.
That’s ten days,
10 equestrian photos
and 0 explanations.
I was 16 when I bought Last Lucky Frolic as a halter broke 2 year old.  She was the first horse that was really mine.  I fell in love with her as soon as I saw her standing the the round pen when we pulled up to the farm to look at a different horse.  That horse was a dud, and I kept whispering to sister L, "ask about the filly".  After spending an appropriate time on the other horse, we finally asked about this one and I was surprise to find out she was for sale too.  She was advertised as a POA (Pony of America) but matured at 15 hands.  I was looking for a 16 hand green broke gelding and ended up with a 14,2 - 2 year old unbroke filly.  Sometimes you get what you need and not what you want.   I trained her myself and at the State 4-H horse Show won the Western Riding class with her.  She was my childhood dream horse.

1 comment:

C said...

What a lovely tale.

This line was very profound "Sometimes you get what you need and not what you want"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...