Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Gaining Weight

My two old horses got a little thin this fall.  I wasn't expecting to have to start feeding them that soon, but with the dry spell we had in the late summer, they just weren't getting enough grass.
 Little Girl is now 28.  She has pick her weight back up with the grain, mild winter and extra pasture I have her and Hank turned out on.  With her bad stifle though, she doesn't need to get too heavy. 
 Hank is back up to a good weight too.  I feel bad for not paying better attention to the situation earlier, but I am glad they have done so well so far this winter. 
At 24, Hank is still ready for the trails. 

1 comment:

C said...

Little girl is 28 - that is amazing. And at 24 and still going on the trails, Hank continues to earn his Wonder Horse title.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...