Friday, February 7, 2020

Starting The Move

Checking the weather forecast earlier this week, I decided to start moving my daylilies before the rain started.  I spent Tuesday digging, and digging and digging.
 The soil was in surprisingly good shape.  But thinking back to when I was watching Monty Don, the British gardener, I decided if they could dig around in all that mud in Britain, then my soil here shouldn't be a problem.
 I started off laying down a tarp, staking down the ends then digging a trench the width I wanted. 
 Then I used my garden fork to dig up bunches of lilies from the driveway side, going toward the trench I just dug.  I then separated each plant out and nesseled them into the trench.
Finally, I shoved the dirt back into the trench.  I am pretty sure I will have hundreds of plants left over by the time I am done.  I might plant some down the driveway, and one sister has spoken for some.  Not sure what I will do with the rest of them yet.

2 comments:

C said...

I think Monty Don would have good things to say about your yard.

Alica said...

Wow, that's quite a job! Moving perennials is hard work. I bet they will look lovely when they bloom!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...