Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Equine Challenge Day 5

I was nominated for the ten-day equestrian challenge. This is 5/10
Everyday I select an image from a day in the life of horses that have had an impact on me and post it without a single explanation and nominate one other person to take the challenge.
That’s ten days,
10 equestrian photos
and 0 explanations.
Since this is my blog, here is the explanation.
 Two pictures today because they both represent my involvement with horse judging.  It took me until my last year in 4-H to finally make the State Judging team by winning the State Contest.  It was a lot of work but it was worth it.  Dr. Arden Huff was a wonderful coach driving us all over the east coast in a 15 passenger van.  I wasn't able to compete at this Quarter Horse Congress (I can't remember the rule, maybe since I was in college) but I still got to go.  I did compete at other national events that year and had a blast. 
I then moved on to the College Judging team.  Dr Tom Meacham was another great coach.  Our team cleaned up at Arabian Nationals, High team overall, reasons and performance, and I was High Individual overall and reasons.  It's not in the picture, but I won a saddle (which I still use).   I think horse judging maybe had a greater impact on me than riding.  There are so many aspects to it and so many benefits.  That is why I pushed V and E so hard to make the State team when they were in 4-H.  The opportunities it provided were amazing. 

2 comments:

C said...

A greater impact on you than riding (WOW!!)

Shirley said...

You learn so much judging that you don't think about when you are riding. I have never judged but have coached and even that makes you think about horses and riding in a whole new light.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...