Friday, February 21, 2020

Equine Challenge Day 3

I was nominated for the ten-day equestrian challenge. This is 3/10
Everyday I select an image from a day in the life of horses that have had an impact on me and post it without a single explanation and nominate one other person to take the challenge.
That’s ten days,
10 equestrian photos
and 0 explanations.

And OK, I broke down and started nominating people 
Hot Toddy was an amazing horse. 1/2 Thoroughbred and 1/2 Appaloosa but everyone thought he was a Quarter Horse or Arabian.  Sister A bought him as a 2 year old, started him, then went off to college.  Sister L took over training but didn't get along with him very well.  I had no problem with him and started showing him, and winning lots.  Judges seemed to either really like him and place him first or they didn't and we didn't place.  He had a stumbling issue that, when I was in vet school, was diagnosed as being a wobbler.  So that explained why he drug his feet, tripped and fell a lot.   Several of my injuries can be attributed to this.   Not only did Hot Toddy have an impact on me (in the equine world), but so did these two sisters.  Thanks.

3 comments:

IanH said...

That is an interesting combination. If I am ever fortunate to have another horse, it would be an Appaloosa! I've owned 4 horses over the years, and that was the one I trained, and the only horse that never tossed me!

C said...

Another interesting post. I just don't know if you would have been involved with horses without those two sisters. It is possible but certainly not to the levels you achieved.

Yang Dodu said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...