Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Donkey's Tail

Here is another installment of my current house plants, Donkey's Tail
Several years ago E was visiting my brother and came home with a start of this plant.  I was taking care of it for her but it was growing in a very lopsided manner which eventually caused its fall from the top of a bookcase.  It is very fragile and ended up in multiple pieces with hundreds of those little leaves striped off. 
I trimmed back her original plant and it did fine.  E now has it back in her possession.  I took all of the broken pieces, planted them and now have this.  I just recently had the inspiration to display it on this large candle holder.  It lost several leaves in the move.  I have those in pot trying to propagate another plant.  I think I will have to put the sprouting new plants into whatever pot I want them to stay in forever because there is no way to transplant this thing. 
 

2 comments:

Shirley said...

That's a cool looking plant!

C said...

It is a very cool looking plant but sounds way too fragile for me to keep one going.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...