Monday, March 28, 2022

Making A Safe Space

For some reason Zipper has not been getting on the deck.  This made me very happy to not have to worry about her chewing anything up.  That is until this weekend.  When I would catch her on the deck I would run out with a little whip and tell her to get off.  But I knew that was only a temporary solution.
Today, I worked on a more permanent solution.
I had an old crib that V didn't want to use because it a banned drop-side style.  I used one side of the crib, some hinges from some kitchen cabinets M and V tore out of one of their rentals, and some scrap wood.  I didn't want to attach anything to the siding and have since replaced the wood block with a brick to keep it from blowing open.  I am hoping the gap between the siding and the gate is big enough for Kit and too small for Zipper.  Time will tell.
Zipper doesn't look like she cares too much for it. 
But maybe it will be enough to stem her curiosity,
and protect the plants that I have been cultivating.  They have been in the garage out of reach from her chewing for the last 2 weeks.  The cedar Christmas tree proved to be a poor protector and Zipper managed to chew up 3 more plants.  Maybe this will be their new safe space. 
 

2 comments:

C said...

Brilliant reuse of old items. Well done!

Shirley said...

We used baby gates in our house to keep pups contained. That crib piece is very nice, more ornate than a plastic baby gate. Now lets hope Zipper doesn't gnaw on the spindles!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...