Sunday, March 6, 2022

Thankful Sunday #10

I think this will be the last post that I label "Thankful" because I a pretty much thankful for everything.
M, V and Baby S came to visit yesterday and M asked if there was any farm work for him to do.  I didn't have any farm work but I did have some yard work.  
I hadn't really pruned the pear trees in a couple of years so I asked M if he could bring his pole saw and work on them. 
Of the 2 trees the one on the right (behind J) doesn't usually have the best pears, so I had him cut that one back pretty hard.  I decided to wait another year on the other tree since it is almost budding out and I didn't want to damage the buds on the good tree.  J showed up and helped M load up the brush and I didn't have to do anything but visit with V and play with Baby S. 
 

2 comments:

Shirley said...

We live in a fruit growing area and every fall/spring the pruners are hard at it, shaping the trees for best production and easiest picking. That tree should produce better now that it's pruned.
Always nice to have a relaxing Sunday with family!

C said...

Wonderful to have such a nice visit and have M take care of the tree work. So much to be thankful for.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...