Friday, March 25, 2022

Flying Saucer Sighting

Right when we started attending a new church a couple of years ago, they had a falling out with the district leadership.  Long story but the congregation wanted to leave the Methodist church and buy the building.  The conference would not sell the building so the congregation left and met under a tent for several months until a church building was found to rent.  After a year of renting we were able to purchase the building.  Bet you are wondering how all that fits with a flying saucer. 
Well, there is lots of work and remodeling going on with the new church building.
These were the light fixtures.  Everyone referred to them as flying saucers.  When they replaced them there were lots of joking about how to get rid of them.  No one wanted them so I asked if I could have one.
They said sure.  But that generated more interest as to what I would be doing with one. 
I had not decided but was sure it would end up as some sort of yard art.  (Oh, and it came with a 1000 watt bulb.)  That is until I googled it and found a similar one priced at $1300.  Now I'm not so sure I can drill a hole in it to mount is upside down and set it outside.  Quite the quandary. 

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Bird bath, was the first thing I though of.

C said...

That is sooo cool. I think it would make a great yard ornament - but google has certainly presented you with a quandary.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...