Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Star Of Bethlehem Update

You may recall my previous post about this flower last year HERE
I never got around to getting them last year because the 4 wheeler spent the next 6 weeks in the shop and I didn’t want to walk all the way down to where they were through the tick infested fields. 

 But I remembered about them this year and went yesterday to dig some up.  They are really pretty dotted in the grass along the creek bank or at the edge of the woods.   But now I am in a quandary.  I have been reading that they are an invasive species, toxic to livestock and people, and not to plant them, or destroy them if you can.  I have already planted several bunches.  So now, do I dig them up and destroy them or not?

1 comment:

Shirley said...

If they haven't affected your livestock yet, likely they aren't getting grazed upon. As far as invasive, if you plant them in an area that is easy to contain them they should be ok? As far as toxic to people, I assume you aren't going to eat them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...