Thursday, May 5, 2022

In Bloom At The 4R's

This is a wildflower I have not noticed here before. 
I don't know how I have overlooked such a pretty flower.  There were lots of bunches of them down near the creek.
It is called Star Of Bethlehem, a European introduction escaped from cultivation and from the Lilly family.  I may need to go dig some up and un-escape them into my garden.   
The Siberian irises are outdoing themselves. 
I love the details of the petals. 
A small but stunning flower. 
 

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Gorgeous! The first garden flower to bloom here is the forget-me-nots on Merle's grave.

C said...

I think it will be cool if you "un-escape" the Star Of Bethlehems to your garden. More work than getting them on sale at Lowes but clearly cheaper :)

The Siberian irises are lovely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...