Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Bridge Timbers

Last summer M helped J replace the floor of a bridge on JJ Jr.'s farm  (JJ Jr's is the property we bought a few years ago the joins J's homeplace farm).  Some of the old timbers still has some life left in them so J suggested I replace the border around my flower bed with them. 
 These old ones were in a pile when we bought this farm 20 years ago and they were old then.  I dug them out in preparation for the next ones.
 When we went to go pick them up we found yet another problem.
 Part of the creek bank around the foundation had washed out during the flooding this winter.
 We don't know how we are going to get this fixed.
 Meanwhile, I did finish the new border.  I took down the window frame trellis that had seen better days and connected the asparagus bed that had been boarded by bricks. 
I think it makes for a cleaner picture.  Now it looks like we need some new gravel in the driveway.  Always something.

2 comments:

C said...

Your updated boarder looks great. Ugh on the flood damage to the bridge. That looks like a tough one.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

I swear we have a gravel pit under our driveway with all we have put there over the years! Interested to see what fix you come up with for the bridge, it sure looks like a chalenge

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...