Wednesday, May 29, 2024

In Bloom At The 4 Rs

I have a few flowers Sadie hasn’t picked yet.
My star gazer lily seems paler than normal but it is still pretty.
These African daisies were on the clearance rack at Lowe’s.  I have never grown them before so I thought I would give them a try.
When the blooms open they are white.
Then they eventually turn to a bright purple.  Too bad they are only an annual. 
I had a couple of foxgloves volunteer.  I might need to try harder to cultivate them.  They are stunning. 
The blackberries are in full bloom.  Hopefully, we will have a good crop.  
Despite my efforts at removing the infected plants, some are still showing signs of orange rust.  I’m not sure how much longer we will have this blackberry patch. 
  • I love how the flowers spill over the edge of the border.  Those British gardeners with their fancy borders don’t have anything on me. (I may be watching too many British gardening shows.) 
    The most stunning display right now however, is from my Mother’s Day lilies.  They keep multiplying and I keep dividing them.
I am ending up with them all over the yard.

2 comments:

Shirley said...

I do love the English Country Garden look! I never seem to stay in one place long enough to establish great perennial gardens although the last place I lived I had about a dozen rose bushes and several lilies and day lilies.

C said...

Multiplying and dividing - so much math at the end of your post on flowers :)

Truly beautiful. I think your flowers certainly rival British gardens. Additionally your views are stunning.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...