Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Guest Photographer #3

E left to visit a friend in Virginia Beach this morning.  Very sad to see her go.  After a 7 week break she said it was like leaving for college again.  While she was here she identified over 100 bird species in the county, mostly here on the farm.  She also took some amazing photographs.  Because she sent them to me over messenger, the resolution isn't as good as her originals, but I think you will still be able to appreciate them.
These Blue Winged Teals were down at the creek.  I thought she was just sending me a picture from a bird field guide.  I couldn't believe she got this shot with all three birds at different points in flight.
Then she had several of birds building nests.


If I was still doing Friday Fences, this one would be perfect. 
E said she hadn't seen any hummingbirds yet.  Then Saturday I went birding with her.  I didn't see one, but I heard it flying around my head.  I was wearing a pink hat that it probably liked.  When we got back to the house E put up the hummingbird feeder and got some more good shots. 

The tree swallows are taking over the bluebird boxes,
but they are pretty cute birds.
Cape May Warbler,
Baltimore Oriole,
Scarlet Tanager,                                                                                                             
A Palm Warbler, hovering over the branch,
and another hoverer, this one is a Yellow Rumped Warbler. 

1 comment:

C said...

Wonderful pictures. But that "Blue Winged Teals" photo is phenomenal !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...