Saturday, May 2, 2020

Not New But Improved Broccoli Cage

As you may recall, I made a broccoli cage last year, you can check it out Here. Tulle is not meant to be an outdoor material though.  But because it worked so well, I splurged on some fiberglass screen material to recover it. 
 It looks a lot more official now. 
 Plus, I made a top that is hinged so I can get in there better to weed and harvest. 
Before, I would just have to lift up the whole cage and once the plants are big that was a pain.  I think this will work out much better.

2 comments:

Shirley said...

That looks efficient! I have to build a cage for my haskap bushes pretty soon, before the birds steal all the berries.

C said...

This looks like a great improvement to an already great solution.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...